Vichyssoise with Smoked Salmon
- 2 oz. Noilly Prat
- 4 oz. white part of a leek
- 4 oz. celery stalk
- 4 oz. Idaho® Burbank Potatoes
- 4 oz. Alaska cold smoked Salmon
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 oz butter (unsalted)
- 3 oz. crème fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Slice in the brunoise with the celery (washed).
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat, add butter and sauté the vegetables until translucent.
- Incorporate the chicken stock, bring to a boil; add peeled and diced potatoes. Check seasoning and cook for (30 minutes) on medium heat.
- Meanwhile slice the smoked salmon into a fine julienne.
- After the cooking time, pour the soup into a blender and add crème fraiche. Blend for 1 minute. Remove the soup into a bowl and refrigerate.
- To serve: pour the soup into a soup bowl, garnish with smoked salmon and celery leaves.